Doing Business in Weld County
Weld County is pro-growth and has a healthy economy. It has a diverse work force, room to grow and easily accessible transportation in regards to roadways and railways. Weld County has seen recent growth in certain industries such as oil and natural gas exploration and production and renewable energy technology and development. It offers proximity to urban areas while maintaining its agricultural base. The communities of the county have a small town feel, but have also seen rapid growth in population and in land development. There are also established retail centers and service sectors.
Upstate Colorado Economic Development is here to assist those businesses that wish to expand their current operations in Weld County and to assist those that are looking to establish a new presence here as well. We encourage businesses that have the aim to promote their products outside the Weld County area, thereby bringing outside revenue into our economic base.
- Incentives Overview
- Upstate Colorado Economic Development has many tools for assisting existing and new Weld County businesses to invest and expand. Here you will find our document library center with multiple documents, forms and resource listings to help you with your goals.
- Enterprise Zones
- Enterprise Zones are designated regions that are seen as distressed areas where the state government wishes to promote business growth and job creation. Upstate Colorado administers the Greeley/Weld Enterprise Zone, EZ. This section of our website has maps and links for finding out where these enterprise zones are and what the incentives are for expanding or locating to these areas.
- Weld/Larimer Business Loan Fund
- The Weld/Larimer Business Loan Fund ("BLF") was established to assist with the financial needs of companies expanding or locating in Weld or Larimer County.
- Greeley Community Development Fund
- Upstate Colorado serves as the Administrator for the Greeley Community Development Fund (GCDF), a revolving loan fund exclusively for businesses within the City of Greeley.