Our Vision, Guiding Principles and Goals
At Upstate Colorado, we envision a region with a healthy and sustainable economy that creates wealth, preserves the quality of life and improves the standard of living for area residents. Our mission focuses on facilitating and attracting investment, creating new job opportunities, stimulating income growth and expanding the local community tax base.
Our Guiding principles:
- Economic development recognizes that success only comes from an on-going, long-term effort and requires a true partnership between the public and private sectors.
- Economic development strategies need to reflect the diversity, values, interests and desires of individual local communities and its citizenry.
- Economic development goals should build upon community/regional interdependence and encourage cooperation in a countrywide, cost effective economic development strategy.
- Economic development programs and policies must protect the environment, maintain the quality of life and improve the standard of living of all residents regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, religion, age and marital status.
- Economic development can and ought to demonstrate specific and measurable results.
- To increase the number and quality of business enterprises and primary or basic sector jobs in Weld County, Colorado. Focusing on enterprises that export goods and services outside the local economy to regional, national and international clients and in turn creating an inflow of capital into the local economy.
- To build and maintain a stable secondary or non-basic sector of the economy, such as the retail and service sectors. This involves incorporating activities that serve the local economy by the recirculation of capital within the area. The goal is to retain the local wealth and economic benefits within Weld County communities
- To facilitate economic development decision-making by enterprises and individuals that seek to invest in the Greeley/Weld County area
- To develop and improve the relationship between the public and private sectors.
- To include all segments of the community in the benefits of economic development activity.
- To act as a resource and clearinghouse for economic development information by providing tools and guidance for those requesting such resources.
- To provide leadership and imagination in solving problems that impact the area's economic health. This includes providing new and innovative programs to stimulate the creation, attraction, retention and expansion of wealth-generating enterprises.