LOOKING FOR AN INDUSTRIAL OR COMMERCIAL BUILDING?
NEED ASSISTANCE WITH AN ENTERPRISE ZONE LOCATION?
Our GIS-enabled site will provide you with site options, demographic studies, occupational wages, consumer expenditure and business reports or to search for properties or verify an enterprise zone location.
I-76 is directly NE of the Denver Metro Area. It is strategically located for transportation, affordable land prices, and close proximity to DIA. This initiative is a collaborative effort between the towns of Hudson, Keenesburg and Lochbuie.Read More...
I-25 Corridor Initiative
SW Weld County includes the corridor of I-25 and Highway 85, just north of the Denver Metro area. This is one of the fastest growing areas in the US. This portion of Weld County offers close proximity to major Colorado cities, transportation and services.Read More...
Welcome to Upstate Colorado!
Upstate Colorado is synonymous with the Greeley/Weld Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), a 4,000 square mile area of diverse communities ranging from Suburban Denver neighborhoods to small rural towns. We offer a great climate, wide open spaces and many opportunities.
Upstate Colorado Economic Development is public/private non-profit economic development corporation that provides services to all of Weld County. Our work focuses on supporting primary employers, those that bring equity into the local economy by supporting the retail, service and professional sectors.
We envision a region with a healthy and sustainable economy that creates wealth, preserves the quality of life and improves the standard of living for area residents. Our mission focuses on facilitating and attracting investment, creating new job opportunities, stimulating income growth and expanding the local community tax base.
Why do business in Weld County?
- Weld County's population is rapidly expanding and was one of the fastest growing counties in the nation during the past decade, with an average annual growth rate of 3.7%, twice the statewide average.
- Weld County has a diverse economic base. Here we have a broad range of businesses and industries which include agriculture, oil and natural gas, renewable energy, manufacturing and services. We also have easy access to regional transportation corridors to support these industries.
- Weld County and Colorado both have a pro-growth and pro-business attitude. There are a range of economic incentives, enterprise zones and loan programs to assist new and existing businesses.
- Labor force
- The population of Weld County provides a diverse labor force for a growing business or industry. We also have a well educated sector of the population due to the number of educational institutions in the region.
- For a healthy lifestyle, Weld County offers parks, golf courses, bike/pedestrian paths, and other opportunities to enjoy our mild climate. With the county being in Colorado, this brings a great range of other outdoor opportunities as well. This means that skiing, fishing, camping, hiking, snow-mobiling, and other outdoor recreational activities are all within a two hour drive. Additionally, with Weld County being adjacent to the Denver Metropolitan area, there exists a wide range of restaurants, theatrical venues and cultural activities.
- Sport Venues
- In Colorado there are numerous sport venues as Colorado hosts several national teams such as the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Avalanche, the Colorado Rockies, the Denver Nuggets, the Denver Outlaws Lacrosse Team and the Colorado Rapids Soccer Team.